My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
"Fear is a stranger to the ways of love. Identify with fear, and you will be a stranger to yourself." -ACIM

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Final PST Post



Ok, so I did manage to get by here and post one more before I’m off to Muganlo.

Just a quick post though to give y’all the final updates. I scored Intermediate Low on my language exam which is awesome since I only needed to score a Novice High. I know those terms may not mean much to you but if you think about it on a 10 point scale, I needed a 3 and got a 4.

We have our swearing-in ceremony on Friday morning and then I’m off to my site for the next two years. We had our farewell banquet on Wednesday night and also our moustache judging. I took 3rd place, so not too bad. I think I should have gotten second, but oh well. The guy that won totally deserved it because his moustache was creepy as hell. They also gave out superlative awards and mine was: ‘Most likely to have spent the most time in front of the mirror grooming his moustache.’ Hahahaha. Sounds about right.

We also had a Birthday party for one of the volunteers here in my village on Thursday afternoon as kind of a farewell/Birthday thing. This time there was alcohol involved unlike every Peace Corps event. We made several toasts as is the Georgian tradition and had a great time. Well everybody except the one volunteer who isn’t used to drinking and had to spill her cookies towards the end. Poor girl, she was so embarrassed. Never mind that though. We all had a great time and it was nice to sit down to a good meal together and have one last goodbye before we all head off to our new cities and villages.

No news really other than that. I’m posting a picture here (hopefully) of the 3rd place winner stache for you.

It’s been a hell of a nine weeks and I’m glad it’s over and ready to go take on the challenge of Muganlo. Hope all is well with all of you!

Peace!

4 comments:

Ma' said...

Good luck Bobaloo! Be safe & well.
Good job on your test scores & 'stache! Love you!

Christie said...

Oh good god, that thing is wonderfully HORRIFYING!!! Thank god it's gone. That's a little too creepy for me, even.

Good luck in Muganlo. I hope to get in touch with you soon!

Joe J said...

Hey can someone post AJ's mailing info and phone number or email it to joejordan81@gmail.com

Thanks,
Joe

Ma' said...

Gotcha covered Joe--I'll email you the phone # & some address labels (in English & Georgian)
If anyone else needs this, email me @ miriam.jenkins@att.net

Andrew's Ma'