My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
"Fear is a stranger to the ways of love. Identify with fear, and you will be a stranger to yourself." -ACIM

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Here They Come to Snuff the Rooster

I just knew something was going to happen this morning since my host-brother is coming back today from Baku. So we have/had three roosters in our yard. Fighting and a lack of new baby chickens caused my host-mom to decide that the big boy in the yard needed to be changed since he was fighting with the two smaller roosters and dominating the sex market. I think really it was him just getting old and not being able to produce more chickens and not letting the other guys get a shot at all the hot chicks in the yard. Really? Did I just make that joke? Yep.

Anyway… without further delay, here is how it went down. Don’t worry; I cut it off before the blood starts flying. Get it… chicken; flying… yeah I’m not on my game today.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Emily Braswell said...

"And we'll have chicken and dumplings when she comes". Love you Andrew.

MAC is wack said...

You guys really need to hone that knife. He was sawing on that neck for quite a while before the head finally came off. You had better let that thing simmer for quite a while; I'll bet he is still a toughh old bird. (That is fitting with your theme of bad jokes, isn't it?)

Ma' said...

I SO agree w/ Mac! Do these guys not know how to sharpen anything? Also so glad I don't eat chicken!

patrickryan said...

mmm yardbird...

Jefferson said...

That bird seemed calmly agreeable with its demise...

David A. Beall said...

I don't care even if you is the last rooster in Atlanta!

Marcie Hinton said...

So, I didn't make it through the whole video. I prefer to embrace the circle of life without pictures....Supremely interesting blogging these days, A.J.!